Tuesday, December 16, 2008

More Chrissy inspiration...


I'd say most of us have finished decorating our homes for the Christmas season but incase you're unfinished and uninspired here are some gorgeous festive rooms that have certainly inspired me!

Some have a nordic flavour and others are comfortably colonial. My home features a little of each.



(the three images above are all from Swedish Interior Design)








(the seven images above are all from country living)

(Liz Williams via VT Interiors)


While my children are still little, I have alot of decoration my children have made at school and such to which I cherish eg: the handstitched tree on a piece of linen my daughter made. My tree is very disorganized with mostly figurine and handmade ornaments as opposed to perfectly proportioned baubles.

Here is my latest edition, I found this lovely santa who I fondly refer to as my Nordic santa from the flea market this past sunday.


He stands proudly on my hall table :) My love for vintage finds certainly doesn't stop at Christmas. After seeing Tracey's post I'm now on the hunt for mercury glass baubles to place in a pewter bowl. LOVE IT!
More pics of my Chrissy decor to come...






17 comments:

~j~ said...

what beautiful Christmas inspiration Anna, that little green Christmas tree is so darling I am tempted to go get one to do the same!
xo
julia

Velvet and Linen said...

Lovely images. Don't you just adore this time of year!
Your new santa is absolutely charming. He looks to have found a wondeful home on your Shabby Chic books.

xo
Brooke

Anonymous said...

Hi Anna,
These are just gorgeous! I love the swan in front of the mirror. They're all so sweet!

Sue said...

That 'snug' bed and the dining room are to die for. Another gorgeous post dear Anna.

Ness Lockyer said...

Those images are divine Anna, as is your little display. You know I have those exact books stacked together!!! wierd! The top photo I especially love because I have made big white letters the same for our presents to go with brown paper. I would love to see more of your decorating. We only have the tree up and our big fireplace in the kitchen (as tall as me) decorated, and the kids doors, oh and our wreaths. Images like these make me want to paint faster. lol
Ness xx

Miss Kris said...

Ohhh so beautiful Anna! I love them all, the white sleigh is so DIVINE! I also love your table and your wonderful santa find. I can't wait to see more...:o)

vicki archer said...

Wonderful ideas - love the wreaths above the beds and in the window panes. How adorable is your table with the tree decoration - you will treasure your daughter's handiwork forever. xv

Viera said...

Beautiful images and great inspirations. Thank you Anna.
XXX
V

Anastasia said...

such wonderful images Anna - im trying to really get into Christmas this year but cant seem to haha...it comes around so fast!!at least our house is decorated...

Visual Vamp said...

Who can ever get enough of this kind of heart warming eye candy?!
And I love your Santas!
xo xo

annashusidingtuna said...

hello!
This is the first time i visit your blogg, and i really like it a lot, (from sweden so my english spelling isnt perffect)your pictures are really chrismasy and inspiring.
Anna

Porchlight Interiors said...

Beautiful decorating here Anna! Hope you find the perfect pewter bowl for next year! Happy Christmas! Tracey x

Unknown said...

That photo from VT Interiors is gorgeous. I love those windows and the decorations are so lovely! Daisy~

Sandy~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

I LOVE coming over to your site. All your pictures are so inspirational to me. I have you on my favorites on my new blog. If you can I would love to have you visit my new blog....Thanks

Willow Decor said...

Lovely images! Have a wonderful holiday!
xxx-Gina :)

Fifi Flowers said...

BEAUTIFUL post! I ADORE that sleigh! WOW!
ENJOY the season!
Fifi

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

Just charming!
Happy Christmas to You!