Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Empire Vintage...

Back in February I posted about a fabulous little shop in Melbourne called Empire Vintage, owned and run by entrepreneur Lyn Gardener. Lyn, as well as offering a design service also lends her talents to styling her warehouse home for photoshoots and commercials and has been featured in many magazines around the world.
Anyhoo, recently my Aunty was visiting her daughter (my cousin) who lives in Melbourne and I asked her if she would mind visiting Ms Gardener's gorgeous shop and take some piccies for me as I still have yet to make my way down there.
She graciously agreed and I wasn't disappointed with the results.
By the looks of the window display I'm already in love!



If I were there I'd definately be putting a white letter A in my shopping basket :)

(Look Heidi - Ampersands! hehe)



Lovely old clock...



I spy a vintage globe...



Awww knitted blankets just like nanna used to make...


love the vintage prints...


And LOVE that floral bedspread?


This looks like my fishing basket :)



I think this is a rusty old iron daybed, whatever it is I LOVE IT!!



Vintage prints, fabrics, clothing, ironware, chippy painted furniture, quirky accents........This store is filled with treasures. Thank you Aunty Beryl for taking me along on this awesome tour of this beautiful place :)



14 comments:

lily-g said...

too exciting,what a gorgeous shop,I just finished unpacking the same clock how gorgeous are they, and doubling exciting RA shabby blog! I have all her books and I still love them especially the one with Jlo's restaurant featured, love it.

Simplement ... said...

Je rêve devant les beautés de votre blog !
J'adore les tableaux de fleurs, particulièrement de roses, et les votres sont magnifiques.
A Bientôt.
Marie-Ange

Anonymous said...

The lady in your picture is not Lyn, she doesn't have enough hair!

Villa Anna said...

Anonymous you were correct and the pics have been taken down due to a special request.

Anna ;)

Alkemie said...

How fun Anna! I love looking at photos of shops and their treasures! :)

Alison Gibbs said...

Oh wow thanks to your Aunty Beryl for showing us such a wonderful shop. So many treasures.
Alison

Porchlight Interiors said...

Hi Anna, these photos are gorgeous! We have been to this beautiful shop but not for a few years - looks like we will have to get back there next trip to Melbourne.

mondocherry said...

Can you believe I lived in Melbourne a couple of years ago and never went to this shop! I only read about it after we left. Typical. I have the same problem with Sydney - only discovering great places after I no longer live there. I think I need to persuade my hubby that we need a romantic weekend away visiting shops like Empire Vintage, wish me luck!
Clare

The House That A-M Built said...

Oh wow. I would love to visit that little place of treasures. Just beautiful. A-M xx

Villa Anna said...

Good luck Clare! hehe

Anna :)

Gail McCormack said...

Lyn certainly does come up with some treasures, she has (or had?) the most fabulous vintage clothes section upstairs, Anna when you come down to Melbourne, you will love your visit to Empire

Anonymous said...

drool! =)

Heidi said...

Cool Beans! That is what I used to say when I was 9 but that is exactly how I felt looking at this shop. Thanks Anna, I needed that, Heidi

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Anna: what beautiful pictures, yes this does remind me of Jessica McClintock, whose style I love as well. Have a great day, T