Saturday, June 7, 2008

My Sex And The City Review **SPOILER ALERT**

(image courtesy of The Paris Apartment)

Last night was my turn to see the MUCH anticipated sex and the city movie. The evening started out with dinner and cosmo's with my 3 sisters and bff's Sarah, Fiona and Ashley. Now seriously, for anyone reading who hasn't seen it yet but plans to, don't read ahead! This movie is soooo much better if you see it for the first time blissfully unaware of the plot ;)
Just like everyone else I LOVED this movie. I'm trying to remember another time when I experienced a cinema crowd with so much enthusiasm and excitement. When the theme music began the audience erupted into cheers, whistles and applause. It was so thrilling to hear Carrie's sweet voice again and see our girls as we strolled a little down memory lane.
I was surprised at how emotional I was throughout the film. Parts of the movie had me crying hysterically, to the point I was trying not to snort and other parts, such as Miranda's swimsuit "situation" and Charlotte's Mexican water "situation" had me laughing so hard I almost pee'd my pants lol.
The fashion mostly made my heart sing but some I had to question lol. Carrie's appartment refurbishment was a success. Erin I bet you especially loved it ;) My favourite piece was definately the mirror dressing table. I've always had a love affair with mirrored furniture. Stunning!
There were "ooohhss" and "aaahhhhs" a plenty throughout the 2 1/2 hours and at the end the crowd once again applauded.
My only criticism was I thought the ending was too easy. Meaning, another proposal immediately after their inital makeup after almost a year apart? I don't think so!
Anyway Sex and the city = LOVE and I know i'll be seeing it again very soon.


4 comments:

Geisslein said...

Hi Anna,yes - I have seen it too - and I LOVE LOVE LOVE this movie! I had a funny girls night with 3 other girls - and of course a cosmo politan too - and I have enjoyed it so much! I´m shure I will watch it again... Greetings from germany!!! Geisslein

Anastasia said...

i saw it today Anna and i cried and cried some more...i loved it!! it was so nice to see the girls again!!
i loved Carrie's new look apt and all the darker blue tones in all the apts...Bigs, Miranda's...really nice!!

vosgesparis said...

i really like the pictures at your dad's its such a wonderfull country you are living in
greetings from the other side of the world.....

The House That A-M Built said...

Never seen one episode. Saw the movie and LOVED it... am now totally addicted and watching reruns like there is no tomorrow! A-M xx