Saturday, May 10, 2008

The BIGGEST yard sale ever!

Words cannot express the frustration I have for my internet provider right now as my line access has been down for the last 3 days. Thank god I am changing over to a new provider next week. Once again apologies for my lack of posts this week.
I've been BUSTING to tell you all about this fabulous day I had on thursday when Brookie and I drove out to a place that is like the biggest yard sale you could ever imagine!
This property was originally a chicken farm and the remaining chicken sheds now house an endless array of junk and recycled building supplies.


The owner is still sorting and grouping and bravo to him for the effort he's already made. This place blew me away. You name it, he had it - covered in dust lol.

Fabulous old trophies...

I spy a vintage globe!

Old registers, rugs and shop counters.

Look at this gorgeous vintage rocking horse?

Shop fittings, old suitcases, picture frames, pots and pans, enamelware, utensils, paint, tools, lighting, books, cd's, fans, advertising props, bicycles, car parts, toys, statues, furniture........pretty much whatever you can imagine.



A confectionary of bathroom pedestals.

gorgeous old terricotta pots.


This looks like something that came out of a church


As you can imagine I had a brilliant time spending 2 1/2 hours rummaging through filth to uncover my treasure. I did find doors, shutters and other building supplies that I'll return for when my renovations require them. My only purchases for that day were these two white chippy concrete balustrade's which I will use in my parterre courtyard for oversized candlesticks next to my water feature, and...


This lovely neutral cermaic vase which fits beautifully with my provincial themed living room.
If you want the address to this salvage oasis please email me :)






7 comments:

Herbgirl said...

Wow!!!! It's amazing you came out of there only after 2 1/2 hours! I could have lost myself for half a day. I love to rummage through 'junk' to find a perfect treasure. It's so cool when you find something you just have to have.
Mandy

~j~ said...

I feel your pain my friend, none of or most of the pictures don't show up when i am looking at blogs or websites!! soo frustrating.
Your outing looks spectacular, oh how i wish i could have been with you!!!
Happy Mothers day sweet Anna,
hugs to you from across the big pond,
love julia

cotedetexas said...

OMG - that places looks so fine!

And those sink pedastals - wouldn't those be cute in a girls room - as a base for a desk or a console? so cute!!!

love your new candleholders - they would make great lamps too!

JOni

Anastasia said...

ohhh looks interesting - where is that?

Heidi said...

Wow, it looks like you hit the jack pot. I wish I was right there beside you digging. If you like, check out my blog to see the shop that continues to inspire me and my friends. Seeing the trophies in that pile you took a picture of drove me to do a blog on The Curious Sofa. Thanks and by the way, where is this salvage yard?

Villa Anna said...

Anastasia, send me your email address and I'll send you the address. The owner didn't want me to publish his address online as he's currently not trading as a business. More like one MASSIVE garage sale lol.

Anna :)

Mélanie said...

I wish I could go there . I 'm sure I would love this yard sale.
Wonderful autralian treasures